Sunday, September 20, 2009

SketchCrawl 24: Results


























WOW, I can't even express how amazing yesterday was! Started with some quality one on one time with my sketchbook. The LA group went to Grand Central Market, Bradburry building (used in Blade Runner), and a couple of us went to a hilltop garden across the street to see a beautifully lit skyline (yay magic hour). Then after that I attended the top notch Terrible Yellow Eyes show at Nucleus. What an amazing show one of the best I've seen of today's artist. Met a lot of wonderful people and had my mind blown many times talking about art. Oh it was AMAZING, I'm still smiling about it. :D

Hope everyone else had a spectacular day!!!

10 comments:

Viv said...

These are terrific, Kendra! It was great seeing you & meeting others at the SketchCrawl. I think you captured these spots beautifully. I also enjoyed viewing your other pieces on your blog & website...keep up the great work & see you around!

Howard Shum said...

Nice work!

Nori Tominaga said...

Kendra just got onto your blog. Awesome stuff really! thanks for sharing your stuff. LA kicked some butt

Desiree Cassidy said...

Love how these turned out! Really stunning!

Alina Chau said...

Great to meet you at the sketchcrawl Kendra!!
Beautiful drawings!

carl said...

Thanks for the best wishes. Feeling a bit better when I woke up today. My body has a weird way of reacting to sickness: it hits me full force the first day and the next day I'm just feeling tired. Mysteries of science. Seems like you had a wonderful drawing day. The sketchcrawl work came out nice.

If you're at the drawing club this thursday, say hello to the asian kid with a hat and scribbly linework (that's me): it'll be nice to put a face to your work. Hope the rest of your weekend was awesome

-carl
kidfrodo.com - my sketchblog

Shiho Nakaza said...

It was great to experience the Sketchcrawl fun together! You captured the interiors of the buildings very well. Keep on drawin'!

The Ivanator said...

friggin' love the market place sketch. colors are great. I esp love the bottom picture, it looks like the building was hit by the magic hour sunset.

john said...

Sweet drawings Kendra. I wish I stayed longer to see the hilltop garden with you guys.

Andy Espinoza said...

Nice sketchbook work!