Friday, March 19, 2010

Sketch Club

Today we sketched at a skate park, it was REALLY challenging. After that I went and checked out a local dog park which was awesome. I got my dog fix and lots of doodling done. Need to work on my canine anatomy and catching both dogs and humans in action. Practice, Practice, Practice!

*the marker sketches are from drawing club a couple weeks back
PS: (22Mar10)
I needed a personal sketch break really bad tonight. So I sketched this little moment from the dog park where two dogs were fighting over a bright pink Frisbee and walking around like Siamese twins attached to it. Dogs are AMAZING! and i feel refreshed.

14 comments:

Lesley Vamos said...

Great dog page - very gestural ^_^

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks Lesley, it was quite the challenge. Hope all is going well :]

ti-igra said...

BRAVO! Kendra! :-) Amazing works of dogs and people!!!! I so how they runs and goes and do something funny that they don't know themselves. And you draw them exactly as they are!

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks, I'm hoping to get a little more action in the poses next time around, dogs are the best.

Ben Mauro said...

Wow! Excellent work! Did you ever come sketching with us when i was over at SPA with Marcello and some of the other guys?

Kendra Melton said...

Ben: Aw, thanks so much! :] I'm really new to Sketch Club so I probably never ran into you, I've only been attending since January and barely been in LA a year. I'm always up for getting out sketching!

Marcelo Vignali said...

WOW! Those dog sketches look great. That does it, next time we'll all have to head up to the dog park and go sketching there.

Kendra Melton said...

Haha! sounds good to me, I would never miss an opportunity to hang out with dogs :D
There seemed to be a pretty steady flow of dogs too, which I think one of the owners said was typical for Fridays.

victoriaying said...

These dog sketches are amazing~

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks Victoria :]

Mike Tassie said...

I love your work Kendra!! Wonderful style and there is so much character/story in each drawing and illustration! Can't wait to see more!

Kendra Melton said...

Thank you Mike! Capturing the character/story is something I've been trying to emphasize more in my work. :]

Michael said...

Dang! This sketch is super fresh! Great energy

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks Michael :]