Saturday, May 15, 2010

27th World Wide SketchCrawl

Oh my goodness, the weather today was terrifying, barely anyone survived the ruthless trip...
Okay, okay so there were no Actual casualties in the line of duty. These were just some Awesome trees I saw at a park next to the pier. After a week of beautiful sunny days, SketchCrawl turned to overcast and very cold wind. And my goodness was it Cold! It was really challenging for me to draw, when it gets too cold out my hands start to lock up and ache really bad. But I fought through for a good couple hours.

So anyway, without further gilding the Lilly here's my sketches from today

It was a fun day despite the weather, got to catch up with friends and draw, what more can a girl ask for. :]

12 comments:

Kaitlin B. Callahan said...

NOOOOOOO, I MISSED IT. HOW? D:

I COULD HAVE DOME SOMETHING ELSE WITH MY DAY.

Oh well, next year then!

The Ivanator said...

I love the boat. Too bad I missed it.

Mark Bridges said...

I like your Tony's, and those trees mimic the Alien head shape.

Kendra Melton said...

Kaitlin: no worries, They're every two months. The next one is going to be July 31st http://www.sketchcrawl.com/forum/

Ivan: thanks, I missed the last one at the library.

Mark: thanks, yea the trees were pretty awesome

Nori Tominaga said...

well done kendra, cant wait for the next one as well

Shiho Nakaza said...

You got some good sketches done, despite the weather! Thanks for sticking it out. And yeah, those trees really do look *gnarly*(both figuratively and literally).

Marcelo Vignali said...

Oh boy that looked like fun! Great looking sketches.

G1toons said...

oh crap I completely forgot about the crawl, nice sketches

john said...

Hey, these look great!!!! It was fun sketchcrawling with you and thanks for recommending the churros!!!!!

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks Nori!

Thanks Shiho! those trees were intense

Thanks Marcelo!

Thanks Leon, no worries another will be here soon enough

Thanks John! oh they were so delicious! and with no crazy theme park pricing hehe :]

Matt J said...

Beautiful selection of sketches at the bottom Kendra

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks Matt! :]