Friday, June 18, 2010

Drawing Club: Red Sonja + Captain Kirk

Sorry for the brief absence, I've been super busy with a freelance job and a storyboarding class at the Animation Guild. Sadly could only make it to half the session for Captain Kirk with Keith Klanderud last week. And this weeks Red Sonja theme with Stacey Walker was a packed. I happily stood the whole time, when you spend all day at a desk sitting its actually a nice change, might stand more often. Only thing is my hand starts to get tingly haha. So anyway, I also decided to post some of my less finished pencil sketches for once so you can kind of see how loosely I start.

Have a wonderful weekend!

DON'T FORGET PRES-AID IS SUNDAY!!
come out if you can, and tell your friends!

Other events this weekend:
* Toy Story 3 now showing
* SILA Art in The Park Saturday 9-11am
* Enchante opening at Gallery Nucleus Saturday night

7 comments:

abhishek singh said...

Lovely sketches:)

TREVOR Simonsen said...

Oh man I miss Kato's workshop!

Lesley Vamos said...

I love the colour in these ^_^

Heather Dixon said...

Your sketches are so awesome! Thanks so much for posting them.

Kendra Melton said...

Abhishek: Thanks!

Trevor: it's the best

Lesley: thanks :] trusty ol markers

Heather: Thanks! Thank you for looking :P

Marcelo Vignali said...

Great Scott, these-are-fantastic!

(A little Shatnerism thrown in)

Kendra Melton said...

haha thanks Mo! :]