Friday, June 25, 2010

Drawing Club: Safari

Lots of messing about this session. Brought Watercolor pencils and Caran d'Ache. Not the most successful experiment ever but you win some you lose some. My favorite of the night is the watercolor in the top right.
Model: Steve Jacobsen

Oh, and before I forget! Went to SILA's (Society of Illustrators Los Angeles) Art in the Park last weekend. I've always had an interest in landscape painting and this just reaffirmed that I need to get out and do more of it, whether that be in oils or watercolor.
Have a lovely weekend!

6 comments:

Schin Loong. said...

It's hella awesome!!! You're so good <333

Chris Ayers said...

Nice stuff, Kendra. By the way, "kalology?" My dictionary just goes from kaleidoscope to kamaaina (a person who has lived in Hawaii for many years). Mind enlightening me?

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks Schin!

Thanks! and thanks for the question Chris haha. Kalology is the study of Beauty :]

Lesley Vamos said...

BRILLIANT! I really love the variety of design on the men!

Kaitlin B. Callahan said...

Gaaaah! I've missed so many cool themes from the drawing club recently!

I hope to head on down there soon now that all my graduation/vactation craziness has died down...

And omg...that little watercolor drawing you did at the bottom kicks the crap out of all the water color landscapes I did while I was away in Hawaii...OoO

Kendra Melton said...

Lesley: Thanks :]

Kaitlin: hahah Thanks. Well you'll have to come on back out now that you're back in town. :]