Thursday, June 24, 2010

Storyboarding w/ Gnass: Genre Boards

As some of you know I decided to take Storyboarding over at the Animation Guild with Karl Gnass. It's pretty groovy so far. First assignment was to pick a movie of a specific genre and board a significant scene. I didn't want to go too obvious so I went Rom Com (romantic comedy) with a Twist. That film being
Watching the detectives. One of my all time favorite movies. If you have never heard of it don't feel bad, NO one in my entire storyboarding class had either.
(Feel free to ask questions if something isn't clear!)
And in case you are curious how this was presented. Printed 8.5x14 and I totally had to pitch it! I assume it went somewhat well because everyone was laughing and some people even sounded interested in checking out the movie. And yes I did act out the voices! :]

Oh and the next set of boards will be all my doing, setting up shots and story points. BEWARE it's coming!

5 comments:

Lesley Vamos said...

Awesome! would have loved to see your presentation ;p

Marcos Mateu said...

I like the graphic quality of these drawings and the dynamics of the poses!

Kendra Melton said...

Lesley: I'm sure it was a spectacle haha.

Marcos: Thanks Marcos! The panels started to come easier after a while. I assume because I got used to drawing the characters. Storyboarding is quite the challenge :]

C.Deboda said...

Cool, didn't realize you were taking this class with Karl. I always wanted to take this class with him also but never got the chance. I sat in on one of his life drawing classes years ago. Sounds like 'so far so good' tho huh.

Kendra Melton said...

It's neat. He's a talker thats for sure hehe. But he seems to know what he's talking about and has taken a lot of courses on his own to specifically learn about story.