Monday, December 6, 2010

Sketchbook Update

Goodness, it feels like forever since I last posted, sorry for the gap. I have a stack of backed up figure drawing in queue to scan but in the mean time here are some things from the sketchbook.


A friend of mine recommended that I try going over my sketches again with tracing paper to figure out the shape language. I think over all these turned out much more successful than the originals - and it allowed me to tweak some things. (Highly recommend trying this out yourself)

9 comments:

Megan Nicole Dong said...

Nice sketches, Kendra!

Betsy Bauer said...

Really like the shapes on that red page of head sketches!

Justin Rodrigues said...

Very nice as always. I'll have to give that a try.

Shalini said...

You are right.. The second set of sketches look solid and finished.. Though I like your loose initial sketches too... Like this post! :)

Marcelo Vignali said...

These are awesome!

Kendra Melton said...

Megan: Thanks ma'am

Betsy: tank ya, Woo shapes are awesome!!

Justin: It'll help a lot, DO IT! :P

Shalini: thanks! you can never count out the initial sketches, they are how you get there. And those rough qualities can produce charm that sometimes get lost in tighter images

Moe: Thank ya!

Logan Pearsall said...

I'd never considered going over my sketches before, unless that was my intention in the first place.... to make a finished piece out them. But just to go over them again, purely as a study on shape and contour had never occurred to me.

It's so simple, and yet so elusive.

Thanks! Great designs!

Walter Gatus said...

Great designs!

Kendra Melton said...

Thanks guys :]